cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure multiple calls to single line...

Ray Morehead
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was told that there is a way to route several extensions to a single extension but have not been able to find how to go about doing this.

Example in this case:

I have a 7945 dual line phone and need 3 extensions to ring to it.

1111 is primary published number (so this line needs to show on the phones)

2222 and 3333

While at the same time, users will need to make calls when the second line is not in use.

Call Manager and Unity 8.6 Environment

Any ideas?

Thanks.

~Ray                   

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Its that, or configure translation patterns. But you can only make calls from the actual line thats configured on the phone. And that follows whatever config you have on it in regards to maximum number of calls and busy triggers, theres no real way to configure more than one DN per button in CUCM.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Well, whoever told you that, had no idea. Theres no way to do such thing in CUCM.
And theres no way around it.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

Will it be nessecary to make outbound calls from the extension 2222 and 3333?

If you only need to receive inbound calls you could put the 2222 and 3333 on an CTI Route Point and configure a Call Forward All to the 1111.

In this case the user will be able to see "forwarded by..."

If this is not what you are looking for could you specify the exact requirements?

Its that, or configure translation patterns. But you can only make calls from the actual line thats configured on the phone. And that follows whatever config you have on it in regards to maximum number of calls and busy triggers, theres no real way to configure more than one DN per button in CUCM.

HTH

java

Ideally yes, the users would use all extensions for outbound calls as well as answer any inbound calls. But I'm not imagining how that would be possible since the 7945 is a dual line, so I think they would be happy with just being able to use the 2 lines that show on the phone as long as all 2 extensions ring. 

As Java pointed out translation patterns are the only option if you do not have enough buttons on the phone to add all DNs. Unlike CME CUCM does not have the overlay feature and TPs are the way to go.

HTH,

Chris

We were told that there was a way to configure multiple lines to a single extension so that all lines could be used for inbound/outbound calls. I agree TPs would be the way to go but unfortunatley they use all 3 lines for inbound/outbound calls.

I'm not sure that just forwarding a line to the published number would be the answer as well unless I'm missing something.

The reason I asked about this is we have 7975, 7945, and 7911 phones in our environment. This particular department has 4 7975 phones for 3 extensions and it seems a bit of a overkill. I was just looking for a way to reassign those phones to a more needed area and replace them with 7945s.  

Well, whoever told you that, had no idea. Theres no way to do such thing in CUCM.
And theres no way around it.

HTH

java

As all others said before there is not really a good option to configure this.

If you want to do it anyway you could do it somehow like this:

Inbound calls:

Use call forward or translation pattern to redirect extensions 2222 and 3333 to the 1111

Outbound calls:

Use different route pattern or translation pattern to modify the calling party number.

for example

9 for normal outbound calls

*1.9 for outbound calls with calling number 2222 (calling party transform mask 2222; discard pre dot)

*2.9 for outbound calls with calling number 3333 (calling party transform mask 3333; discard pre dot)

Ray Morehead
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all your input, I will try the CTI and RP configuration for my learning purposes, but it really doesnt look like there is a way to do this without a lot of headaches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: