cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure trunk between Avaya Communication Manager 5.2.1 and CUCM 7

rvaldes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, so we are trying to connect 2 VoIP systems to set up a Trunk between them for 4 digit dailing. Our remote office in the UK has an Avaya Communications Manager 5.2.1 system and we are currently using Call Manager 7.1.2. I have read some information on SIP trunking and also using H.323 but i have yet to find a document where it would show how to set up using the current version we have.

We are limited to only using H.323 because of hardware restrictions on the Avaya side.

So the ultimate question here would be how can we accomplish an H.323 trunk between the 2 systems. If H.323 is th best option that is, perhaps there is some other trunk we can do, but it cant be SIP.

Does Cisco have any type of documentation where it would show the configuration needed to be done in order to get something like this accomplished?

Thanks,

Ricky

5 Replies 5

Good document, but cant use SIP, would need to be some other type of trunking

Oops. That's what I get for only reading half the thread. Try: Avaya S8500 Communications Manager 2.0 using H.323 to Cisco Unified CallManager 4.0

Yea i saw this one too in the link you provided for additional guides. But the versions there are way to old, although we can find the same features on CUCM 7 but there has to be more to just what the guide says. It only shows how to configure the H323 gateway and nothing else..

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ricardo. Do this using an ISR CUBE in the middle. This is absolutely what it's for.

Check out

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805bd13d.html

We've lots of ACM's connected to our SIP network, most of them on H323 via an ISR. Rock steady...

Adam