Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure unknown number on outgoing calls

reg_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends.

I need to configure, by the easy way, unknown number when an user call to PSTN.

Also it would be right for me shows any different number.

I tried to configure a phone external mask in the phone line, invented by me with a lot of digits, but It didn't work.

I have CUCM 8.5.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this for a single extension? What type of gateway are you using? Sip,h323,mgcp? What model of phone?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

It is for seven extensions, all of phones are 6921.

I'll tell you the model of gateway tomorrow but I don't know watch if it is sip, h323 or mgcp, can you tell me how?.

Thanks.

Create a separate route pattern for those phones and set the calling info to restricted.

You cannot just send something you make up, most telcos won't allow you to send something you don't own in your DID range.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Javalenc

Be more talkative please. I don't understand.

I know you can't send to the PSTN any number that you want.

- Create a new routte pattern:

With what digits?.

- Set this route patter to only these phones:

How?.

- Set this route pttern call to restricted:

I can't see this option.

Hi Reg_cisco,

If you want your calling number to be "Private" or "Unknown" (or something like that) on called party, you will need support from the Telco

If you want to change calling number for outgoing calls from some of your users, you can use several options, for example:

1. configure External Number Mask for the directory numbers, and check "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" under "Calling Party Transformations" in Route Pattern configuration. If you have done this way but not successful, so I guess your telco doesnot accept the number you set (and normally they will either reject the call or overwrite the calling number with one of the number in your DID range)

2. Use translation rules in Voice gateway.

Hope this helps.

hoanghiep

Hi hoanqhiep.

I know my Telco supports this function.

I don't want to change external phone number mask under all my route pattern so I guess I'd add a new route patter only for these seven dial numbers but I don't know do it and I am not sure if I'm in the correct way.

If I'd create a new routte pattern, I don't know what I'd to configure in external phone number mask in the lines of these extensions to do that these extensions appear to the PSTN like unknown or something like that.

I don't know use translation rules

Thanks.