cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring 70XX softkey as a speed dial

dbudden
Level 1
Level 1

I've had a request to reconfigure the 'New Call' key on a 7960/61/62/40/41/42/12 to become a speed dial for our Help Desk.I've looked around the softkey layout and need to add a speed dial key to the unselected softkeys.This is on CUCM 6.1. Does anyone know how this can be done. i.e from the On Hook state the 2nd softkey will be labled 'Help Desk' and when pressed will dial a prefixed number, much the same as a speed dial key would work.

regards

Dave

3 Replies 3

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Dave,

I looked into something similar a while ago, the softkeys are(were) hard coded into the phone firmware and can not be changed.

If you want a call to be made when the New Call button is pressed or the handset comes off hook have a look at the PLAR procedure documented here:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

Hope this helps,

Craig

PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS!

This feature was seen at the Cisco San Jose office on a recent visit by my manager. Not sure if they have done some clever engineering special etc.

regards

Dave

Dave,

I would love to know how to do this on a Soft-Key(along the bottom), it would be ludicrously easy to do this on a Phone-Button(up the side).

Is the person who saw this sure it was a Soft key?

Good Luck,

Craig