Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring a ATA in router Cisco to open a door

Hi all

In the company there is CCM 11 and the issue is related with one analog phone via SCCP(probably ATA) plugged to a Cisco router 2800 Version 15.1(4)M5, in H.323 protocol, which it is used to open a door when receiving the code 0#61.

This has been working fine but now the telephony system has been migrated from CIPC to Skype and it stopped work.

I have configured the new CSS in the egress Endpoint to send a 0#64 to the ATA and a its needed a dial-peer pots to port 0/2/2 where is plugged the analog phone.

As the destination-pattern cannot contains characters like #, how should I configure this?

Another problem I see is continuosly i see in the debugs what I put below:

Dec 17 12:02:33: %IPPHONE-6-UNREGISTER_ABNORMAL: ephone-4:AN15623AC729404 IP:---- Socket:3 DeviceType:Phone has unregistered abnormally.
Dec 17 12:02:33: %IPPHONE-6-REGISTER_NEW: ephone-4:AN15623AC729404 IP:-----  Socket:1 DeviceType:Phone has registered.
Dec 17 12:02:33: %IPPHONE-6-UNREGISTER_ABNORMAL: ephone-3:AN15623AC729403 IP:---- Socket:2 DeviceType:Phone has unregistered abnormally.
Dec 17 12:02:33: %IPPHONE-6-REGISTER_NEW: ephone-3:AN15623AC729403 IP:-----  Socket:3 DeviceType:Phone has registered.

Could be any issue here with the phone?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

Prassha
Level 1
Level 1

For Unregistered/register did you check the sccp profile?

When ATA is flapping collect debugs sccp from router itself, see if TCP connection is getting stable or not?

Did you try to replug ATA on different port at router?

Also when you changed from CIPC to skype signalling changed I believe, how are you trying to configure it through SKYPE?  Third Party SIP devices? Was it working through PLAR configurations earlier? 

Did you try SIP Dial Rules? 

Regards
Prassha3
Rate if you find this helpful

Rate if you find this helpful or Mark Solutions as Accepted

Hi!

I cannot change the port plugged since its in another location which I am. The idea is try to configure the analog phone SCCP with autoanswer.

I got to call the analog phone from skype creating a Called Party TP in the egress endpoint from +61 to the DN of the analog phone and in the router a dial-peer pots to the port0/2/2 which its is plugged.

The issue is I can call, it rings, but I want it to autoanswer or send it the code #61 which it makes to open the door.

what's your ATA model, latest ATA work only in SIP. is this VG or ATA. 

what's the reason to connect the ATA to router ? can't you register it with CUCM. its not clear about your exact issue. 

Response Signature

Hi!

Not sure whats behind the "analog phone SCCP" registered in CCM through the router. I guess its a ATA since VG is named in CCM as this.

The idea is to send the code #61 to that analog phone which it makes the door open.

thanks

Hi 

After checking deeper what does the customer needed, finally is a solution for door opener system.

Its needed that when someone reach the building , in order to open the door is needed to call from Skype routed to cisco, and the call goes to a Gw with an anolog phone plugged thru FXS port, and them to sent the code #61 to open the door.

Currently below is what is now confugured in the router:

stcapp ccm-group 1
stcapp
!
stcapp feature access-code
prefix #61

!

stcapp supplementary-services
port 0/2/0
fallback-dn 77028979
port 0/2/1
fallback-dn 77028930
port 0/2/2   
fallback-dn 77028981  <--- This is the analog phone, plugged in port 0/2/2
port 0/2/3
fallback-dn 77028941

!
dial-peer voice 8981 pots
description Analog phone 77028981
destination-pattern 77028981
port 0/2/2
!

I tried to make a call from skype calling +61 and the call reachs the analog phone, then press #61 to send the code to open the door.

G01#sh voice port summary | i 0/2/2
0/2/2 -- fxs-ls up up off-hook idle n   <---port goes to off-hook

then the analog phone goes to unregister:

%IPPHONE-6-UNREGISTER_ABNORMAL: ephone-3:AN15623AC729403 IP:22.39.111.4 Socket:2 DeviceType:Phone has unregistered abnormally.
 %IPPHONE-6-REGISTER_NEW: ephone-3:AN15623AC729403 IP:22.39.111.4 Socket:5 DeviceType:Phone has registered.

Any idea what I am missing here?

I found more commands related with this but not sure whether another one is necessary or not as for ex:

stcapp feature callback

stcapp feature speed-dial

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: