cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring a Hunt Group with Unity Connection

Pedro Silva
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having some fun configuring a hunt group and Unity system call handler over the last couple of days. I think I am nearly there but I am puzzled by some unexpected behaviour.

The scenario is as follows:

Hunt Pilot DN 421 -> Hunt List - >Line Group

Hunt List set to "For Voice Mail Usage" enabled

Line Group set to Longest Idle - Hunt Options set to Try next member, but do not go to next group

Unity System Call Handler configured with extension DN 421

Standard Transfer Rule set to Greeting

Standard Greeting set to "My Personal Recording" 

Standard Greeting - After Greeting - Call Action -set to Hangup

Scenario 1. - working as intended

Call Hunt pilot -> rings extension in hunt group -> extension declines -> Unity announcement plays then hangs up

Scenario 2. - not working as intended

Call Hunt pilot -> rings extension in hunt group -> extension does not answer -> call drops without passing to Unity

I know I had this working earlier but can't work out how I have broken it.

Thanks

Pedro

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all do not check ""For Voice Mail Usage" on this hunt list as that is meant only for hunt groups used for SCCP integration to Unity, not for actual hunt lists routing to phones.

You need to setup call forward no answer/busy on the hunt pilot with destination of voicemail, typically by pointing to CTI Route Point set to forward all to VM where the DN of the CTI RP matches the call handler DN.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I have seen cases, just try deleting the hunt group and hunt list for the non-working and start again. 

Any codec/region issues with these phones. Is that the calls from hunt only breaks.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Scenario 1. - working as intended

Call Hunt pilot -> rings extension in hunt group -> extension declines -> Unity announcement plays then hangs up

======> The Decline Button on IPhone forwards the call to Unity connection. I believe this is what happening in this case.

Scenario 2. - not working as intended

Call Hunt pilot -> rings extension in hunt group -> extension does not answer -> call drops without passing to Unity

======> for this you need to set the No Aswer option on Hunt Pilot Page

CallHunt-Settings.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: