Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring a Single Dialed Number to Route Calls to a Group of IP Phones

Robiul Islam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have few Cisco IP phone extension. We are using call manager 9.

The main number is 32900, I want to configure all the phones ring at the same time if someone calls to any one of those number.

It worked well for one single dialed number, in this case 32900, to route calls to all other phones ring altogether. But how can I configure the same call route to a group of phones. So anyone calling from a different number to 32900 or 32901 or 32902, or 32903 should ring all four phones.

Cheers

Robi

4 Replies 4

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

The standard way to do this would be to make 32900 a Hunt Group. You'd have to give the phone that has 32900 a new number, though.

Go to CCMAdmin -> Call Routing -> Route/Hunt. Start by creating a Line Group. Then create a Hunt Group that contains your newly created Line Group. Finally, create a Hunt Pilot that points to your new Hunt Group.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi.

A way to do that is.

Assume that the actual Partition of those extension is named Internal.

-Move extensions 32900 through 32903 in a new partition EG. New_Part_A and assign them a CSS that can reach Partition Internal.

-Assign those Extensions to a Line Group (Eg. LG1) with distribution Algorithm "Broadcast"

-Create a new Hunt List (Eg. HL1) and assign to it the previously created Line Group (LG1).

- Create 4 new Hunt Pilot with Extension 32900 through 32903 with Partition "Internal"

- Assign Hunt List HL1 to those Hunt Pilots.

Try it and you should obtain what you need.

HTH

Regards

Carlo 

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Or you can use shared line.

Use Translation pattern to convert all four numbers to a single shared line number (suppose 32909)  and configure this shared line to all the four phones.

Thanks

Manish

Hi,

I would only recommend using Hunt pilot and adding the numbers to the line group. Set the line group algorithm to broadcast.