Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring BRI cards

TrickTrick
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

Being new to the UC world in general, I'm trying to get familiar with CUCM functionalities, let's say i'm OK doing most of the things on it just by practicing and searching when i get stuck in something

In one of our previous projects I was able to configure an E1 controller of the H323 VG,which is linked to CUCM by putting different dial-peers and pointing them towards the E1 port for PSTN calls for example

now my question is, how can I do the same but by using a BRI card, I'm aware that the BRi card can handle 4 calls in total simultaneously ( 2 ports), but how can I point my dial-peers towards both interfaces since I can use one interface per dial-peer;. in my logic the VG should use the available port to route the call

I'm lost in cisco documentation, honestly I find it a bit overloaded with information and I don't know where should I look, can you please help me to understand how to configure it in this case ? 1 or 2  BRI cards for example

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

using a trunk group would allow you to "bundle" the two BRI's 

so each physical BRI port e.g BRI0/0/0 and BRI 0/0/1 put them in the same trunk group  and then on your outbound pots dial peer put that dial peer in the group you just assigned to the two BRI ports. alternatively, use MGCP in CUCM to do all the hard work for you.

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

using a trunk group would allow you to "bundle" the two BRI's 

so each physical BRI port e.g BRI0/0/0 and BRI 0/0/1 put them in the same trunk group  and then on your outbound pots dial peer put that dial peer in the group you just assigned to the two BRI ports. alternatively, use MGCP in CUCM to do all the hard work for you.

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I've never thought that there's a possibility to trunk ports

thank you, I'll look for that

+5 Dennis for correcting me.