Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Cisco Jabber For Mutiple Domain Access

Fergie M
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

We are currently migrating to a new domain , and as such users on the new domain will need access to Cisco Jabber.

It currently does not allow logons to Cisco Jabber from the new domain , but I did some digging and found this cisco article about how to configure for such an environment.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-windows/118999-config-imaddress-jabber-00.html

I followed all the steps , and once I stopped all the services I should be able to edit the Domain and IM Settings Area to choose the IM address schema radio button  , expect , it all remains greyed out.

I have a 2 cluster setup , so I also stopped the services on the backup server thinking it was causing the issue but no such luck.

As such my planned domain migration pilot is on hold until I can resolve this.

Has anyone else got this issue or experience with configuring Cisco Jabber for multiple domain setup.

20 Replies 20

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i worked on a few similar case with different customers.

i suspect your cups server certificates are not in good state. You can confirm this by going to system --> security --> certificate import tool.

in certificate trust store , select tomcat trust and mention the ip of cups server and port as 8443. if the output gives you " ALL GREEN" then its another issue but if it complains about certificates then you have to fix it first in order to change the IM Domain.

I beleive you must be hitting the issue which i am referring but lets see.

Thanks Varundeep. I will check. Do I do this on the Call Manager or Presence Administration portal?

you have to do it on CUPS server. system --> security --> certificate import tool

I got all green.

if possible ,can you attach the screenshot of below from cups. you may hide the information which you don't want to share.

1. cluster topology page showing service status.

2. HA status

3.certificate import tool for cup-xmpp trust certs

also please do check the certificate import tool for both pub and sub and make sure dbreplication is fine.

ok , that is the issue. if you look the first picture which you shared with me server is having RED Cross sign on it. this has to be fixed first in order to change the domain. can you please hover on red cross sign and share what it tells ? is there any service in stopped state or all are services are showing in unknown state ?

Also i was not able to figure out second screenshot correctly. Just make sure HA status is fine.

Looks like a red herring. I've cleared the alerts.

if everything seems fine along with HA status as well then try changing the domain again.

Ok ,but nothing is different to when I raised the issue? Why would it work now?

Before you try to change the domain , the services status and  HA status all should be green on cups server GUI Page. As you shared in your first screenshot , there were red cross on cluster topology page which you have fixed right now. thats why suggested you to try changing the domain now again. by the way what you did to remove the red cross sign ?

Ok , fine. I'll give it a go.

The options are still greyed out , but there is a different message

"To make changes to the Default Domain or IM Address Scheme settings, log into the Publisher node."

are you doing the change from cups publisher ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: