Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring CUCM to make calls to VCS endpoints with non numerical SIP URI

dverasteguin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have set up a few telepresence - tandberg - endpoints such as E20s and a EX60 to make calls between them and to endpoints registered on a CUCM.

The E20s have numerical SIP URI such as 8000. However the EX60 has a non numerical SIP URI such as ex60@vcsdomain.com

Ive configured a SIP trunk between the CUCM and VCS which is up and running. Also, ive configured route patterns so that CUCM can communicate with the 800X extention that are for the E20s registered on the VCS. it does work since in the VCS ive configured the translation patters so that they can communicate with the cucm.

the problem comes when i try to call from the ex60 to the cucm. it calls but then once the phones answer, the calls are dropped.

and from the cucm i cant call the ex60 by its SIP URI. It dials 5643960.

ive thought about configuring a routter pattern with the 5643960 dialing to be sent towards the sip trunk to the VCS. but how can i configure a transform patter on the vcs to make that change into the ex60?

Is there a way i can make this happen? to have a phone registered on a CUCM to call a non numerical SIP URI registered on the VCS???

I would appriciate any help!!

Thank you in advanced!!

Sincerely,

Dante V.

1 Reply 1

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While you can't dial a non numeric URI from a desk phone you can dial from some applications from CUCM and then  CallManager can route through a SIP route pattern (Call Routing > SIP Route Pattern) that way anything @vcsdomain.com can be routed a a SIP trunk of your choosing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: