Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring voice gateway 3945 with vwic3-2mft-t1/e1

Ahsan Hashmi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need a quick help from cisco community... If you can kindly assist me in my configuration...

I have attached putty log file containing show version, Show inventory, show diag and show run. for refrence..

Let me quickly explain what I am doing here.. I have call manager server mcs 7835i3 and Unity server, cisco 3945 router with ( voice budle, pvdm3-64 UC license Pak.. rest of the info about controllers and cards  can be seen in attached document )

Now the problem i am facing is with configuration of voice gateway ( cisco 3945 ). When I enter command for pri-group and it gives error about dsp. I am totally clue less... :S

Please read the attached document and tell me how can i configure it .. ?! I need to set this system in iraq..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ahsan,

The reason you get dsp errors is because you do not have enough DSPs for all the modules you have on your gateway. The VIC3-8FXS/DID module with 16 voice channels enabled will consume 64 dsps and thats all you have. So all your PVDM3-64 are used on the FXS voice ports.

You need to use the cisco dsp calculator to know the total amount of DSPs you need...

For example if you want to use all the 16 voice ports on the FXS module and you also want to enable 60 channels of your e1 card, then you are going to need a minimum of 128 DSP. i.e pvdm3-128.

You need to use the DSP calculator to know how muh dsp you need for what your requirements are..

The link for it below:

http://www.cisco.com/web/applicat/dsprecal/dsp_calc.html

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Add:

voice-card 0

dspfarm

HTH,

Chris

I did that. but still it wont work.. then i just removed

High Density Voice Module - 8FXS/DID on Slot 3", DESCR: "High Density Voice Module - 8FXS/DID

and i got the dsp resources...

Please adivse what is the right thing to do... later i will be requring to add these modules to my voice gateway and the same problem might arise..

Ahsan,

The reason you get dsp errors is because you do not have enough DSPs for all the modules you have on your gateway. The VIC3-8FXS/DID module with 16 voice channels enabled will consume 64 dsps and thats all you have. So all your PVDM3-64 are used on the FXS voice ports.

You need to use the cisco dsp calculator to know the total amount of DSPs you need...

For example if you want to use all the 16 voice ports on the FXS module and you also want to enable 60 channels of your e1 card, then you are going to need a minimum of 128 DSP. i.e pvdm3-128.

You need to use the DSP calculator to know how muh dsp you need for what your requirements are..

The link for it below:

http://www.cisco.com/web/applicat/dsprecal/dsp_calc.html

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you for your information.. I totally agree with you...

is it possible to add another pvdm3-64 ?

Yes it is. There should be another PVDM slot where you can add this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: