Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring VWIC-1MFT-G703 with CUCM7 as mgcp

Hi,

I am facing an issue, while configuring cucm7 to register my cisco 2811 router as mgcp and it says unregistered.

well I have registered vwic-1mft-E1/T1 cards on cucm as mgcp and it does the job with same config but not with VWIC-1MFT-G703.

So, does anyone has tried that or faced similar issues ?

I can post my config surely but the point is the same config works for other card, so, I really need some expert advise from you guys.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this might help

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsm79978

Cisco Call Manager MGCP configuration for E1 interfaces does not offer  any of the following card types for channelised E1 operation -

VWIC-1MFT-G703

VWIC-2MFT-G703

VWIC2-1MFT-G703

VWIC2-2MFT-G703

Customers have been advised that since these cards are not supported, they cannot be used.

This  is not correct. These cards are functionally similar to the the  standard E1 VWIC's - the only difference is they offer an unframed (non  channelised) mode of operation specifically for data.

They can be configured , and will operate correctly if configured as a standard E1 VWIC or VWIC2.

Use  the following table to select the appropriate interface option to allow  the G703 card card types to be configured on the Call Manager MGCP  gateway configuation page -

Card type                   VWIC Configuration option

VWIC-1MFT-G703 --> VWIC-1MFT-E1

VWIC-2MFT-G703 --> VWIC-2MFT-E1

VWIC2-1MFT-G703 -->VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1

VWIC2-2MFT-G703 -->  VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1

Well, thanks nick for your prompt response.

Here, the situation is that I can see at the IOS mgcp gateway side is fairly seems fine, the output of show ccm-manager is showing what it should as well as show mgcp endpoints also shows the channels in the up state.

the irony is at the cucm side i took the same option already as 'VWIC-1MFT-G703 --> VWIC-1MFT-E1', but it doesn't say registered with x.x.x.x

Any advise ?

Dear Muhammad

Are you able to fix this issue?  I am having the same issue what is the workaround you did?

Regards

Strangely, It is fixed..
i restarted my PSTN router.

Thanks.

Hi Muhammad,

Can u share the router config,version  and show diag?

Also, share show controllers e1, show ccm-manager, show ccm-manager hosts and show mgcp

regds,

aman

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the Bug(+5)

regds,

aman