cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect Lenovo laptop to Cisco 8865 via Bluetooth

WBD02022021
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to pair a Lenovo Laptop to a Cisco 8865 via Bluetooth. However, when I try to connect the two devices, the connection drops. How can I fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The phone supports connection with Bluetooth sound devices, like headsets. The computer does not operate as such a device type, that is why the connection fails.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly what are you trying to achieve by doing that??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have received one of the same requirement. We want to connect the phone to laptop, so the phone will act as a speaker/mic of laptop. 

This feature we have used in 3rd party phones earlier. 

Phone is able to pair to laptop, but from laptop we can't connect to phone. 
In phone when we press connect, it tries to connect for 5 sec and then shows error "Unable to Connect to <Laptop-Name>". and then drop the connection. 

For about 3-4 seconds during this try, in laptop it shows phone is connected. Then disconnected again. 

The phone supports connection with Bluetooth sound devices, like headsets. The computer does not operate as such a device type, that is why the connection fails.

Response Signature

This is what supported by 8865 by bluetooth.

1.PNG

In addition to Bluetooth , with Cisco Intelligent Proximity you can use your desk and mobile phones together when you are at your desk. During mobile calls you can move the audio path over to the 8865 for better acoustics. You then could share a conversation with a colleague who listens in. This capability gives you greater flexibility and a superior user experience when at your desk.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: