cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect to Callmanager 8 Informix DB via AGS Server Studio

Shivinder Singh
Level 1
Level 1

We have Unified Callmanager 8.0 installed, with IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 11.50.UC5XA database in the backend.

There are 2 options I have found so far to query the database using SQL: AXL executeSQLQuery (Administrative XML API) and CLI (Command Line Interface) over SSH

Both these methods are little bit of bottleneck as compared to running SQL using a SQL editor. I did little bit of search and found Server Studio by AGS. I also found the JDBC and ODBC settings on the Cisco Unified Reporting web interface of our installation. But am having no luck to successfully connect. Server Studio complains it cannot connect to the server.

My question is: Does the database allow connections to be made from interfaces other than AXL or CLI? And if it does, what settings I need to configure to  make this work?

2 Replies 2

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

CUCM does not allow native acces to the DB. AXL & the CLI are the only supported methods for acceessing the DB. (and even then, you still have to be careful)

Where did you find these ODBC/JDBC settings in CCM Reporting ? I can't see anything on my system (CUCM 8.6)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Shivinder Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Gordon, if you go to Cisco Unified Reporting, Click on Unified CM Database Status link on left side. Then under Unified CM Database Status fieldset, look for "Database Prefs File" link and click View Details. Isn't this the JDBC/ODBC connection info?

Moreover, my question is more related to whether direct access to database is intentionally blocked out-of-the-box or not. I'm very new to Informix so have no clue where to look.

Whether its supported or not doesn't really matter. And yes, we plan an being extremely careful. Thankfully some tables are not updatable.