Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting Cisco UC540 to Panasonic PBX

rammany19
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Please, we are using UC540 in our office but we have a partner inside our office that uses a Panasonic PBX. i have the below questions;

1. How can we integrate both together that we can call in both direction

2. i know it will be plugged to FXO port of the UC540, where am i connecting to on the Panasonic PBX?

3. configuration needed to be done.

please, your reply is needed ASAP.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. How can we integrate both together that we can call in both direction-- You can integrate it using SIP trunk if Panasonic supports it. Or you can integrate using E1 PRI (over qsig) if Panasonic supports it. And also you can integrate it using FXO-FXS pairing.

2. i know it will be plugged to FXO port of the UC540, where am i connecting to on the Panasonic PBX?:--  To plug in FXO port in UC 450 you should have FXO module in it.

3. configuration needed to be done.--- Just you need to configure dial-peer at uc450 and points it it trunk/voice port.

Hope this helps.

Suresh

Thanks for your info but I still got some issues, please could you give me the solution to the below;

1. Where do I plug an analog phone such as Panasonic phone to the UC540 and configuration needed to be done to make it work.

2. If am to pair the UC540 and the PBX together, what cable can I use and where do I need to plug the cable at both end?  You mentioned something like Fxo-fxs pairing.

3. Do I need to configure from the PABX end?

NOTE: I have FXO And FXS port on my UC540

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: