cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting the Communication Manager UCM to outside calls (GSM)

ahmedbishry
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have a CUCM version 8.5 with UCCX express version 8.5 installed and working fine, as you can see in the attached design file,

We have new requirement by using the IP phone to call mobile numbers outside the network,

I need your kind support to advise me about how to connect this setup to use outside calls like GSM,

Do I need another devise like media getway? or how I will make simple without extra huge cost,

Thanks in advanced for your effort,

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to buy a GSM gateway. Cisco does not make these, but you can ask your reseller or look online.

many thanks for your advice

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

There are some nice chinese GSM gateways that take multiple GSM cards and those support SIP so you can integrate them via SIP trunks. We don't have any GSM capable module to  support GSM connection on ISR routers.

We prefer PRI or SIP trunks for PSTN connection whenever posible.

Dear Robert,

many thanks for your reply,

I will working to get one of these gateways,

i need your support to advise me about SIP settings with the CUCM call manager 8.5

I have a SIP server with public address sip.example.com

i need to forward the outgoing international for this SIP server, i did the blow action on the Call manager

1- Add new Trunk link (SIP Trunk)

2- Create Route pattern

3- Creat Rout Group

4- setup rout list

please correct me if I'm wrong,

thanks in advanced for your time,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: