cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting two external users on a call

Bra2193495
Level 1
Level 1

My call manager cluster in the United States has a SIP trunk to my parent company's call manager and avaya clusters in Mexico. I connect to the PSTN via SIP trunks from my telephony service provider. My parent company has a mixture of SIP and PRI to connect back to the their PSTN.

The problem that I am having is that the CEO of my parent company is calling from his office to reach the CEO of my company, but my CEO is out of the office and his receptionist is trying to transfer the call to his cell phone. When she does this, we drop my company's CEO while retaining the parent company CEO....I then have two angry CEOs that want to know why this isn't working.

I am currently blaming it on call routing between the two clusters in two countries, and the PSTN/Cellular network in the US.

I am trying to find a way around this. One thought I had was to transfer both users to a Meet Me room. Wold this be feasible or is there a better way to handle this scenario?

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the parent company CEO calls your CEO and call is answered by the admin assistant, is the call delivered via ICT or SIP between the clusters? If so, when the call is transferred it should not matter that you are in different countries because as long as your IP routing is correct and the originating phone has IP connectivity to the egress GW the call transfer should work. You should probably investigate why the call drops in the first place by reviewing the GW and CUCM logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: