Helpful
Replies

Connection DB Event Publisher DOWN

jcsotososa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need some help with this, please.

We have a Unity Connection cluster (1 Publisher and 1 Subscriber) and we received this alert from the Subscriber:

Service operational status is DOWN.
Connection DB Event Publisher.

I have checked the replication status and everything seems to be OK.

I am attaching the output of the following commands (executed on the Publisher):

utils dbreplication runtimestate

utils dbreplication status

How severe could this be? What could cause this and what should be the procedure to fix it? 

Thanks.

Best regards,

Juan 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Based on my personal and recent experiences on the UCXN, I must confess that, UCXN has one of the most unforgiving databases I have ever worked with.

It is extremely sensitive and very unforgiving (i.e. a single power failure can cause severe database corruption and repairing it can be notoriously futile).

So, I shall highly recommend, take the COBRAS export as well as DR Backup and rebuild it, while you can, because the chances are something has got the database corrupted and one can be not really sure what all things have got corrupted and how over time it will progress.

All the best!

View solution in original post

avinsrid89
Level 1
Level 1

Your replication looks good with state 2 on Pub, Sub.

Can you get following outputs on both servers:

utils service list

Also, try this:

a) Go to Unity Connection Serviceability and click 'Service Management' from Tools.

b) Under 'Base Services' check for Connection DB Event Publisher. If it is in stopped state, then try manually starting it from there.

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/troubleshooting/guide/8xcuctsgx/8xcuctsg080.html

~Avinash 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Based on my personal and recent experiences on the UCXN, I must confess that, UCXN has one of the most unforgiving databases I have ever worked with.

It is extremely sensitive and very unforgiving (i.e. a single power failure can cause severe database corruption and repairing it can be notoriously futile).

So, I shall highly recommend, take the COBRAS export as well as DR Backup and rebuild it, while you can, because the chances are something has got the database corrupted and one can be not really sure what all things have got corrupted and how over time it will progress.

All the best!

avinsrid89
Level 1
Level 1

Your replication looks good with state 2 on Pub, Sub.

Can you get following outputs on both servers:

utils service list

Also, try this:

a) Go to Unity Connection Serviceability and click 'Service Management' from Tools.

b) Under 'Base Services' check for Connection DB Event Publisher. If it is in stopped state, then try manually starting it from there.

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/troubleshooting/guide/8xcuctsgx/8xcuctsg080.html

~Avinash 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: