Views
Helpful
Replies

Consultative Transfer

SAMcp2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When users transfer call they are not able to talk with the recipient to let them know who they are transfering to them.

Phones:  7961G

System:  UC520 Smart Business Communication

Under global settings this appears to be set to:  9,T

What setting(s) would need to be changed to set this Globally?

Thanks,

Alex

6 Replies 6

grundle1322
Level 1
Level 1

To use consultative transfers with the UC500, you need to be running at least CME 4.3.  You also need the global config "transfer-system full-consult".

Next you need the ephone-dn command "transfer-mode consult" on each dn that would like to take advantage of this feature.  And thirdly you need an available line for seizing, so each ephone-dn needs to be at least a dual-line if not an octo-line configuration.

This helped get me pointed in the right direction.  This client does need to be upgraded.  We are in the process of getting that corrected.  Thanks for your help!

Alex

Great, I'm glad to get you started.  Obviously if you run into further issues please post them and I'll do my best to get some answers for you.

Well if you don't mind.  We need to renew the cisco support.  To do that we need the serial numbers off of the units.  Specifically these are UC520 Phone System, CE520 Switch and CD520 Switch.  These devices are mounted on the wall and not easy to access to obtain the serial numbers.  We are able to get the UC520.  Is there a a way to see the serial numbers from within the Cisco Configuration manager?

Thanks,

Alex

Correction, these are both CE520 switches.

Using either Telnet or SSH, whichever you have setup, connect to the devices in question.  You will need to connect to the ce520s individually.  Use the "show version" command.  Towards the bottom you should see a Processor Board ID followed by a string.  That string is the Serial Number of the device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: