cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Contacts from AD

edhodges2
Level 1
Level 1

The Active Directory “contact” records have telephone numbers and they can have any phone number local or long distance. Right now, my Call Manager system is configured to use LDAP and it will pull in the Active Directory “user” accounts and list them in the phone directory. The issue here is trying to get Call Manager to pull in “Contact” records along with “user” records and list them in the phone directory. My contact records include the “Display Name”, “TelephoneNumber”, & “email” fields in Active Directory. Is it possible to import these AD Contacts?

5 Replies 5

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

I'm not sure If I got you correctly, but by default CUCM imports users with their telephone numbers and emails, but not the display name.

Are you trying to configure customized directory to show "Display Name", "Telephonenumber" and "Email Address"?

Thank you,

Shadi

I am not having a problem with it showing my user accounts in the phone directory. That part works fine. I am trying to get it to also show my AD contact objects along with the AD user objects. Those 3 field I mentiond are what information is contained in the Contact object records I have in my Active Directory.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried modifying the LDAP filter to do that???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have tried to change the LDAP filter without success. My syntax was probably wrong. Here is the default string with out trying to add contacts. What should I try to use?

(&(objectclass=user)(telephoneNumber=*))

Hi edhodges2,

try this:

(&(|(objectclass=user)(objectclass=contact))(telephoneNumber=*))

Hope this helps.