Helpful
Replies

Continuous Recording Tone

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CUCM: 10.5(2)

I just finished setting up call recording in CUCM using BiB. I enabled the Recording tone for our Agents end only in Service Parameters.

Is it normal for the recording tone to play continuously throughout the call? The tone plays for the Agent once they pick up the call, and then about every 30 seconds or so the tone plays again.

Is this normal behavior?

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

I do believe that this is accurate, though I cannot confirm the frequency that the tone plays.  Only thing I can find in documentation states "periodically".

Configure Recording Notification Tones

For legal compliance, an explicit notification in the form of a periodic tone can be made audible to the agent, the caller, or both, to indicate that a recording session is in progress. This tone can also be disabled.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

I do believe that this is accurate, though I cannot confirm the frequency that the tone plays.  Only thing I can find in documentation states "periodically".

Configure Recording Notification Tones

For legal compliance, an explicit notification in the form of a periodic tone can be made audible to the agent, the caller, or both, to indicate that a recording session is in progress. This tone can also be disabled.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Ahh ok, thanks Andrew.

I do see that "periodic" in there now. Ok, so that makes sense then.

Thanks Again,
Matt

There was an old bug ID / feature request to change this so that the tone plays more than 15 seconds apart.  I think other third party recording solutions would take away this limitation but your going to pay more.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: