cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Controlling ISDN B-Chan selection in PRI trunk-groups?

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen several posts in my searching of this topic, but no definitive answer.

the ISDN BCHAN-NUMBER-ORDER command normally allows you to pick selection order on a PRI.  Default is bottom up, but you can change it to top down.  The issue I have is that once you place a PRI in a TRUNK-GROUP, not only does the default b channel selection order change to top down within the PRI but it also does not pay any attention to the BCHAN-NUMBER-ORDER command.  So I find no way to control this.  You can control the PRI selection within the Trunk group using the preference command, but not the bchannel selection.

Does anyone know how to do this?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you really want to do that (I fail to see a reason why you shoudl).

Configure one trunk group per b-chan.

In the DPs, reference said multiple trunk-groups with the appropriate preference.

You will be able to have the allocation that you want.

Well a significant reason to use Trunk groups is to negate the need for multiple dial-peers, so while that would work its not a scaleable solution.  I was hoping there was a command to do this that I just can't find.

Please read again my reply above?

You don't need multiple DPs, but you need multiple TGs.

There is no other way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: