Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert CUCM subscriber as Publisher

sirajuddeen t p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to move a server physically to another far location and it require to change IP address of the CUCM Publisher server. Instead of moving the server, Is it possible to convert the subscriber server in the far location as Publisher?

My CUCM version is 10.5.2 (1 Publisher and 3 subscribers)

Regards,

Siraj

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I don't think you can do this. You need to rebuild.

View solution in original post

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to build the server from Scratch.

regds

aman

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Siraj,

As mentioned by Aman and Mohammad converting Sub to Pub is not possible. Please do remember that when you do a fresh install you will be required to use the DRS backup for restore and it will work only if the IP address, hostname etc match those when the DRS backup was taken. So, if you try a restore after doing a fresh install of Publisher with new IP address it will not work.

Manish

11 Replies 11

I don't think you can do this. You need to rebuild.

Thank you all for the quick adivce and help.

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to build the server from Scratch.

regds

aman

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Siraj,

As mentioned by Aman and Mohammad converting Sub to Pub is not possible. Please do remember that when you do a fresh install you will be required to use the DRS backup for restore and it will work only if the IP address, hostname etc match those when the DRS backup was taken. So, if you try a restore after doing a fresh install of Publisher with new IP address it will not work.

Manish

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As already stated you cannot make subscriber as publisher.

• First take a DRS Backup of The existing server.
    • Rebuild the server with exact same IP and host name in remote location, then perform a DRS Restore.This also need that IP routing need to be configured for the New subnet  in remote location. You can refer below guide Restore only First Node
      • http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_D220A91D_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-100/CUCM_BK_D220A91D_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-100_chapter_011.html#CUCM_TK_RDE82520_00

• Then you can use the procedure to change the Hostname and IP of CUCM.
      • http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/10_0_1/ipchange/CUCM_BK_C3782AAB_00_change-ipaddress-hostname-100/CUCM_BK_C3782AAB_00_change-ipaddress-hostname-100_chapter_010.html

Regards

Haris

P lease rate if found userful

Thank you Haris for the detailed explanation.

You are welcome.

Did you manage to move the publisher ??

Please rate and mark correct as applicable <<

Thanks

Haris

Hi Haris,
Need some complex planning due to the current design.

At present all my below servers are residing same UCS box.
Since management wants to move all these servers to another location, I need to consider changing IP address as well for these servers. Would it make sense to move the UCS box physically and change IP address once it moved to new location.

172.25.20.33 CUCM Publshier (new IP:192.168.100.53)
172.25.20.34 Unity connection Publisher (new IP:192.168.100.54)
172.25.20.36 UCCX Master node. (new IP:192.168.100.56)
172.25.20.35 First IMP server (new IP:192.168.100.55)

172.25.20.47 Expressway C (new IP:192.168.100.57)

What is your suggestion? and what are the key points i need to consider? I can share additional information if needed.

Yup it would be great idea to shift the server itself.

I would recommend to use the Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment, which has a option to automate the Readdressing Task.

As you must have noticed chaining IP address of UC server is not straight forward, use PCD it will help. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_pcd-administration-guide-1051/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_ucmap-administration-guide-1051_chapter_010.html

Do you have Business Edition server ? Because if it is BE6k or 7K you might need some additional VmWare License  for PCD to work.

Thanks

haris

Hi Haris,

Yes I have be6K. Should I need additional UCS for PCD? or can I use existing server where other subscribers servers installed for PCD? What type of vm license i need to buy additionally?

I placed zero cost order for PCD via PUT.

Do you have a step by step method of changing IP address via PCD. It would be really great to share that since I am running out of time.

Thank you.

Siraj

The link that has already been provided about PCD answers all of your questions, what licensing, and how to configure the re-address task, have you reviewed it???

If you didn't buy the FND license, then you'll have to do it all manually, as PCD won't work with HYP.

Assuming you have enough resources, you can use PCD in the same server.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: