Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert LDAP Synchronized User to Local User

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Just wanted to clarify the following.If I set a user account to

Convert LDAP Synchronized User to Local User but leave the account in Ad untouched ( i.e its still there)

Does that mean the account will get re added next cycle time , or it will stay as locak indefinite?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark, ( long time)

On CUCM 11.0, CUCM will automatically convert the user to LDAP user once the next sync happens. I just verified this now

However on older release it looks like the behavior is different. Refer to this thread here

It looks like the behavior is that the user account will be duplicated.

Please see similar thread here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13194241/cucm-ad-sync-and-local-users

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Meant to say I have checked the SRND etc and I can't find an obvious answer.I assume it stays local indefinite.

Mark, ( long time)

On CUCM 11.0, CUCM will automatically convert the user to LDAP user once the next sync happens. I just verified this now

However on older release it looks like the behavior is different. Refer to this thread here

It looks like the behavior is that the user account will be duplicated.

Please see similar thread here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13194241/cucm-ad-sync-and-local-users

Please rate all useful posts

Interesting , thanks deji appreciate it.

This is great information.  I have to change my CUCM UserIDs from SAM to UPN on my LDAP Sync'd 11.5 system.  SRND isn't clear on how to actually do this, but my best guess would be to:

-Bulk Export User Information

-Change the User ID from SAM to UPN in the CSV

-Convert all LDAP Sync to Local Active users (is there an automated/ 'bulk' process?)

-Upload the Bulk Import file changing User ID from SAM to UPN

-Delete existing LDAP directory

-Change LDAP system settings from SAM to UPN

-Build new LDAP directory

Then, at the first DirSync, CUCM should see the local actives UserID matches LDAP and converts them to LDAP sync.

I have 2k+ users and can't afford to botch this heh.

Rob.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: