Views
Helpful
Replies

converting cisco 8861 from enterprise to MPP

AllanB2021
Level 1
Level 1

hello Cisco tech team, 

I am purchasing a used cisco 8861 for my home office use with RingCentral ( third party SIP). I saw on the cisco website saying it's possible to convert these phones from an enterprise version to an MPP version.

would you please guide me on how I can get this phone's firmware converted to MPP so I can use it with RingCentral?

5 Replies 5

Hi Leo,

yes, I saw that the solution is clearly designed for a large organization, me as an individual I don't think its feasable for me to do that 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

8861 already exists in the MPP flavor, you should return your phone and get an MPP version instead from the vendor.

Otherwise, you'll have to pay the associated cost with the migration on top of the cost of the device (assuming you do not have Cisco licensing that includes the migration licenses)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you, Jaime, 

I actually got the phone for free and I was thinking I should be able to use it at my home office. my main reason for the initial post was how much would a conversation license cost and how can I easily get from an online retailer where I don't have to jump over multiple hoops to get it

@AllanB2021 wrote:

I was thinking I should be able to use it at my home office. 

It can work in Enterprise firmware, however, you will need to invest a several hours in effort.