Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting devices to Device Profiles for EM

Hi everyone,

I am looking to deploy Extension Mobility company wide and was wondering what would be the best method to convert about 2000 fixed phones into device profiles for extension mobility?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes CK,

You download the bat.xlt and then create the UDP and associate the service login on the device phones and the logout with the UDP, tke a look on this doc!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/8_6_1/t07udpov.html

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Use Bulk Administration Tool (BAT) to create the device profiles and the users if you dont have a ldap sync enabled.

Take a look on this doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsem.html#wpxref51829

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Well yes, of course. What is the best method for conversion though? Export all the existing devices with BAT and then which function in BAT would I use to generate the device profiles?

Yes CK,

You download the bat.xlt and then create the UDP and associate the service login on the device phones and the logout with the UDP, tke a look on this doc!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/8_6_1/t07udpov.html

Regards
Leonardo Santana

There's also an option in BAT to 'insert device profiles' 'based on devices controlled by users'. I understand this generates UDPs based on the user associations to phones (i.e. creates a UDP with the users' line and relevant device fields). You'd probably still have lots of tidy up to do (making the physical phones 'logged off' phones, subscribing services etc).

I'd read the documentation for that routine carefully, and take a backup. Probably even try it in VMware first.

Personally I'd prefer more control and would export all the phones/users, and generate the files from that. That's not something I could talk you through on a forum though...

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

I understand the route you're talking about. I am very experienced with BAT import/export but was just wondering if there was something that I was missing that would make this a rather quick and painless process.

Looks like I'll have to go with what yo mentioned as far as exporting all the existing phone data and inserting the UDP's based on the information I pull from the export.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: