cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

converting end users to application users

jsmckinlay
Level 1
Level 1

In our current setup we don't sync call manager with LDAP so the various CTI services we are running have used end user accounts (this has been upgraded from 3 > 4 > 6 > 8 over the years)

We now have a need to sync our cluster with LDAP for users so I need to move the CTI accounts over to be application users to ensure that the device associations also follow.

Is there a way to easy migrate from one to the other?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Not really - they're seperate types of users in seperate DB tables. You might be able to use AXL to do a getUser, modify the XML object and resubmit it as a createAppUser..  or do some DB work. If it's only a handful of users you'll probably be best to do it manually.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Not really - they're seperate types of users in seperate DB tables. You might be able to use AXL to do a getUser, modify the XML object and resubmit it as a createAppUser..  or do some DB work. If it's only a handful of users you'll probably be best to do it manually.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Be aware that when you sync your users it will wipe all existing End Users (and stop Extn Mobility working).

Rich

jsmckinlay
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, I was aware of the wiping of hte end users, that's why I need to make sure the CTI accounts don't get deleted.

making the accounts manually sounds like the best option, it's the 2,000 device associations I'm not looking forward to!

Hi

If it's a matter of 'associate everything' then it's not too painful. Just set 'results per page' to as high as poss and hammer away.

If you have specific devices to associate then it might be worth spending some time with the AxlSqlToolkit. You can grab the end user device associations for a user like so:

select e.userid,eud.* from enduserdevicemap eud join enduser e on eud.fkenduser = e.pkid where userid = 'enduserid'

You could then take the data from that and use Excel to generate a bunch of insert statements that you can inject using AxlSqlToolkit...

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: