cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting/recommissioning a 2911 router to be a stand alone CME/CUE deployment.

cpuscisco
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to confirm what licenses we require when converting/recommissioning a 2911 router to be a stand alone CME/CUE deployment.

Currently the 2911 is connected to a CUCM at the head office but we would like to sever the connection and run as a stand alone CME and CUE system.

Currently the router chassis has the below licensing:

- ipbasek9

- uck9

The router already contains a PVDM3 DSP DIMM 32 Channels/resource.  Is that sufficient to run a 10 channel PRI with 35 users? I believe so.

We also will require a ISM-300 SRE to run the CUE portion.

My main question is what additional licenses are required to run CME?  We have 7900 series phone sets that I believe will require the Enhanced user license.  

I am pretty comfortable with the CUE voicemail and voicemail port licensing and CME in general but I have never recommissioned a 2911 from a CUCM environment into a stand alone site before.  I'm not sure if we require Enhanced licenses to run the phone sets?  I don't want to purchase licenses that are not required. 

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

A couple of docs explaining cme licensing structure that you can refer

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/111386/understanding-cme-srst-license-activation

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/software-activation-on-integrated-services-routers-isr/white_paper_c11_556985.html

Manish

Hello Manish,

Thanks for the document links however they do not detail the answer to my specific question below.

I am having difficulty confirming what licenses are required to connect 35 x Cisco 7942 IP Phones to a Cisco 2911 ISRG2 router?

We have the below licenses already installed in the router:

ipbasek9

uck9

My question is to run 35 x 7900 series IP Phones do we require 35 x FL-CME-SRST feature licenses (one for each phone device) and also required to purchase 35 x SW-CCME-UL-ENH licenses (one for each 7900 series phone)?

What does each of the below licenses provide?

FL-CME-SRST

SW-CCME-UL-ENH=

Thanks,

Yes, both FL-CME-SRST    and  SW-CCME-UL-ENH= are required. SW-CCME-UL-ENH= is mandatory for the 7900 phones that use Enhanced lic, on;y some 6900 series models use basic.

Manish

What happens if we do not have the SW-CCME-UL-ENH= license for each user?

Is this license only used to enable advanced IM and Jabber functionality?

All we require is calling features and voicemail.  I know the CUE requirements for voice messaging so Im good there.  Can we get away with just ordering the appropriate number of FL-CME-SRST licenses and none of the SW-CCME-UL-ENH= licenses?

I have installed 2901 routers before running CME/CUE with 7900 series phones connected that did not have any SW-CCME-UL-ENH= licenses installed and the phones register and work.  

Thanks for the quick responses btw I appreciate that.  We are trying to have our licensing questions clarified for a client meeting tomorrow.

** Also I should mention that this 2911 router is currently connected to a CUCM at a head office location.  We are wanting to disconnect the MPLS link and run it as a stand alone CUCME site with CUE voicemail.

Thanks,

Hello Manish,

I have been told contradictory info from Cisco licensing support.  

They said that SW-CCME-UL-ENH= is the only license required?

My questions are:

1) what is license FL-CME-SRST used for?

2) what is SW-CCME-UL-ENH= used for?

thanks,