cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copying Personal Address Book entries to other 8945 handsets

rowdygardner
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CUCM 8.6 with 8945 handsets.

In the Personal Address Book, we would like to create approximately 50 entries on each handset.

Is there a way to set these all up on one handset and then copy them to all the others?

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Robert

There are a couple of things you can do for this. Bear in mind that in 9.x this personal book feature gets dropped, so if you plan on upgrading it might not be worth putting too much time and effort into it.

1) 'Shared' PAB - for a departmental address book you can try following the steps here to create a 'one-button' login for users. If you point all users to a common/dummy/departmental 'user' account, they'll all get the same entries and can then add/remove numbers and have those changes reflected accross the other users.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1385

2) The other alternative is more difficult. I wrote some CLI tools to export address books and re-import them, so you could export one and do some Excel CSV juggling and then reimport them to other users. This would not keep them all 'in sync' so it would be more of a 'starter template' type use.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron,

You mentioned that in 9.X the personal address book feature is dropped.

Do you know where I can find information regarding this and it's replacement?

Regards,

Rob

Hi Robert

That was something one of the presenters at Ciso Live mentioned - I've just checked my lab 9.0 system and it is still there, so maybe I was misinformed. I see nothing in the release notes for 9.1 either.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: