cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

corporate directory 7965

mhafbnet
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CUCM 7.1 with 7960 and 7965 phones. The 7960 phones can access the corporate directory but the 7965's cannot. we get the error message "host not found." same error happens when we push the services button. configurations in 7960 almost exactly match 7965's except for extra features of 7965's. ive tried changing the ent params to ip addresses instead of dns, and restarted services/phones. phones show ip in url for directories. upgraded phones to 9.1 firmware. no acls anywhere in path. any ideas?

-mhafbnet

5 Replies 5

mopauly
Level 1
Level 1

What do you see when you go to settings > device configuration > http configuration from the phone?  Do you see the appropriate URL's?

i do see the appropriate address as far as i can tell. it is broken in two lines, but there doesnt appear to be any spaces. ive put that exact link into a web browser and it opens a xml page. the 7960's work great, so i dont suspect its a ent param issue. i suspect it might be a setting on the phone configuration page, but i dont know what would be causing it.

thanks for the quick response paul.

-mhafbnet

OK just wanted to verify the phones could see and access the service URL's.  Did you compare the device config to another phone that is working?  I want to say we've had this issue before but it escapes me at the moment.

i have done a side by side configuration verification with no differences except that the 7965 has more options. im worndering if one of these extra options is breaking it.

Hello,

Has this ever work for the 7965 phones?

Can we collect a sniffer from the back of the 7965 phone and parellel sniffer from the call manager switch port or the CLI.

To collec the sniffer from the CLI of the call manager you can run the following command:

utils network capture file TAC3 size ALL count=500000

3. Immediately try to access the corporate directory.

Go to the RTMT tool:

Trace and log central>>collect files>>select packet capture logs

Select relative range for ten minutes.

A same scenario sniffer would be required from the back of th7960 phone to compare.

Check in the sniffer if you get retransmissions in the sniffer from the back of the 7965 phone, something like this:
HTTP    [TCP Retransmission] GET /ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp?name

when you filter by http.

I worked on a simillar case once and eventually a reboot of the box fixed the issue.

cheers!
Kunal
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: