Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate directory locale

Andrey Petrunin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I'm facing a very interesting problem with the standart CUCM corporate directory. The issue is that all the phones in the enterprise have Russian user and network locales installed (and it works just fine: all menus are in russian), but the corporate directory search still remains in english. I mean, when the user presses Directory Button, he sees "Directory search" phrase in english. The directory itself contains the First and Last names as they are in LDAP (in russian), but it is the corporate directory menu that remains in english. I haven't found any usefull hints for this in community. Could anyone please suggest some way to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. CUCM is really old one (7.1.5.35901-1), and most of the phones are 9.3.1 (SCCP).

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrey,

I did not find a specific bug for Russian locale but there was a bug identified for French locale with similar symptoms on cucm 7.x

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCsx32772/?reffering_site=dumpcr

It was actually fixed by phone firmware upgrade. Based on that my recommendation would be to try upgrading the firmware of one of the IP phone models to the latest version and see if it helps, else you may engage TAC.

Manish