Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory Problems

andre.lino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having some problems with Corporate Directory on Call Manager 8.0.3.20000-2.

I have several types of phones, like 6941, 7942 and 7962 and the only one that works is the 6941.

They have the same network settings but on the 7942 and 7962 i can't get the directory and it shows a "Host not found" message and then it shows "Select Service" and nothing happens.

It seems like a DNS problem but i've checked all the settings and they are all the same.

I've also tried diferent firmware versions and the same happens...

Does anyone have any idea of whats happening?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

André

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andre,

I know this sounds like a crazy question (I'm sorry) but it almost sounds

like the wrong button is being pressed on the 7942/7962 phones. The 7900

accesses via the Directories button (picture of an open book) which is different

than the 6900 series.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, i'm pressing the correct button.

I've also tried configuring the corporate directory as a Standard IP Phone Service and the result is the same...

Thanks for your help anyway.

Best Regards,

André

benjaminwatt
Level 5
Level 5

Assuming that within Enterprise Parameters you're specifying the URLs by IP address rather than hostname, you might be coming up against problems with the Trust Verification Service, an (awkward) addition since version 8 of CUCM.

If your phones aren't picking up a valid ITL file, you can see that Host Not Found message. We've had the same issue, and had to manually delete the ITL file on each phone to get it to regenerate it as Cisco TAC couldn't provide any alternative.

Hopefully this isn't what you're facing, but on an affected phone, press Settings, then 4, 5, 2, and then * * # to unlock the phone, and select Erase. If it fixes it, then get ready to have that combination of numbers stuck in your head as it is in mine!

Hi Ben,

Yes, one of the changes i've made was specifying the URLs by IP address.

I've also removed the Secured Phone URL Parameters because of what you are  mentionning, the Trust Verification Service.

I will try to delete the ITL file and test it.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

André

Hi,

It was really a DNS problem...

The hosts weren´t being correctly solved.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards