Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory: Search on part of name

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to configure the Corporate Directory to search in parts of names? The reason I'm asking this, is because we have two situations where you might not know the first part of someone's last name:

- Here in the Netherlands we have many people with last names containing 'van' (literally: from), like my last name 'van Strijp'. So people will try to search for 'Strijp' and not find anything. Searching for 'van' will result in dozens of people, so this is not really going to work well;

- People might be married recently, and have adapted their husband's last name. In this case the person usually keeps both last names. If you would search for the second last name, you will not find the person.

Is it possible to enable this?

Regards,

Ruud van Strijp

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ruud.

Sorry, that was for older version. :)

For linux based version, wildcard is %.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi.

Opening Corporate directory, if you enter *ggiare* in Last Name field you'll find all users with last name containing that string Eg. Poggiarelli

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

I tried this with both a CIPC as a 7942 phone and it doesn't return any results.
We are running CUCM 8.6, could this feature only be supported from higher versions?

Regards,
Ruud

Hi Ruud.

Sorry, that was for older version. :)

For linux based version, wildcard is %.

HTH

Regards

Carlo