Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory - Wildcard Search

Hi,

is there any way to have a wildcard for corporate directory search on ip phones with the standard cucm corporate directory?

Background:

CUCM 7.1.5

IP Phones 69xx / 89xx

Issue: Customer has all numbers in E.164 Formate starting with +

If he access the corporate directory and wants to search for telephone numbers he cannot type in the extension because the number is in E.164. Second Issue is that he is not able to type in the + sign.

Questions

1.  Is there a possibility to type in a wildcard ? ( like * or ?)  - I´ve seen you can make a * but this is not a wildcard function.

2. How can I type a + ? - Tried already hold the * button, but this did not work.

3. Any other Ideas? ( Configure E.164 to local numbers is not possible...)

regards,

christian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Any modifications to the directory are difficult due to the appliance model used with CCM.

However, developing a directory service is pretty straighforward; and once you have the basics modifying it to automatically search for numbers 'containing' the input digits instead of 'matching' or 'starting with'. Are you using CCM synced to AD? If so I posted up a sample XML directory based in LDAP at here : https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3026015#3026015

It's pretty simple so you should be able to modify it to suit your needs.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

brendand05
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I don't think this is possible.

However if all your directory numbers are in E.164 it seems very inefficient to be doing a search by number

Hi

Any modifications to the directory are difficult due to the appliance model used with CCM.

However, developing a directory service is pretty straighforward; and once you have the basics modifying it to automatically search for numbers 'containing' the input digits instead of 'matching' or 'starting with'. Are you using CCM synced to AD? If so I posted up a sample XML directory based in LDAP at here : https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3026015#3026015

It's pretty simple so you should be able to modify it to suit your needs.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Definitely bookmarking that one, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: