cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory XML Parse Error

timmektrakarn
Level 1
Level 1

When a user goes to the Corporate Directory and hits a single letter say "S" for firstname and then searches, there is an error

Error XML Error [4]: Parse Error

It seems to only affect 7961, 7941 but I'm still testing with 7970's and 7971. IP communicator works fine though.

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

timmektrakarn
Level 1
Level 1

just to add we're using 7961/41 firmware

SCCP41.8-0-3S

Are you using CME or CCM?

I've had the same problem with CME when using invaild characters in the persons name. I believe that the name fields only support A-Z, a-z.

In CME, after removing the invaild characters you need to recreate the cnf files and reset the phones.

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

CSCsg24774: Expand Directory object name field to accept 64 characters

Symptom:

Directory searches with results greater than 32 characters for the last name and first name combined result in an XML Parse error.

Conditions:

Using 8.0(3) or 8.0(4)SR1 on a Third generation IP Phone (7941/61/70/71/11)

Workaround:

None, so downgrade to 8.0(2)or earlier

Q. Why does my Cisco IP Phone display XML Error [4] during a Corporate Directory search?

A. When you use the Corporate Directory button in order to search, Cisco CallManager does a lookup in the DC directory Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) directory. Special characters cannot be parsed correctly and return an error to the IP phone. Some of these special characters are ( & " ' < > ). Avoid use of these characters in the naming convention for your users.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_qanda_item09186a00800a6763.shtml#q20

It happens in CCM, this one might be related

CSCsg24774

Thanks for the other suggestions but I'm not using any special characters.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: