Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory

KRISHNA K V
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The CUCM 7.1  cluster is intergrated to AD. Users are able to search phones  number from the Corporate Directory Service. This is working only when the publisher is up. Becasue the Directory URL is pointing to the publisher ip address in the enterprise parameter. I dont want to use Load Balancers here. Basic idea is to access the information directly from AD.

I want to know more about the SDK's for accessing the Directory from the Active Directory instead of pointing it to the Publisher. If any one has already done this let me know.

Regards

Krishna.

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you did create another web service yourself, you'd still have the same problem where whatever web server hosts the service would need to be load balanced in some way.

An easier option may be to simply  do this:

1) Set up two DNS records for an alias, such as 'ccm' - so create one A record 'ccm' pointed at the pubslisher, and another A record 'ccm' pointed at the subscriber. DNS will then return both names to requesting clients (i.e. the phones).

2) Set your URLs in enterprise parameters in CCM so that the publisher hostname is replaced by the DNS name created above (i.e. ccm)

3) If one server goes down, the phones can access the other IP returned by the DNS server; there may be a delay while they retry.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: