Views
Helpful
Replies

Could not hear any Voice

khanfawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed CUCM in VMWare ESX server. And the server is kept in DMZ zone. The CIPC is connected in the local lan which is another vlan. There is firewall in between the DMZ and Local LAN. I have opened the required ports on the Firewall. Firewall is not a cisco one. The CIPC is in Local Lan and able to make the call. But could not hear any ring back or audio. Phone connection is there. Please help. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Sounds like a problem with your firewall.  Have you enabled UDP ports 16384 - 32767?  Is it possible to disable the firewall and run a test call?  Is there another firewall on the PC running CIPC that is blocking ports as well?  In Windows 7 you will also have to specify private and public networks if using Windows Firewall to allow application traffic through.

HTH,

Chris

HI Chris,

Thanks for the update.

Yes I have enabled UDP ports 16384-32767. Its not possible to disable the firewall. PC has windows vista running on it. Another thing is that, I have 2 IP Phones which is connected to the DMZ as well. These 2 phones are also facing the same issue. In one phone I can listen to the ring back only. In another phone I cannot hear any voice or ring backs. But phone connection is happening.

Thanks.

Hi there,

You can take a sniffer trace on both ends of the firewall and see if RTP traffic is being blocked.  Most of the time one-way/no-way audio problems are caused by network/firewall issues.

HTH,

Chris

Yes Chris. Thank you.  Let me check that one..

Thanks for your updates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: