Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-3905 wrong outside dial-tone

cbrasolin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

i've a problem with a CUCM cluster 8.6.2-20000-2 and local installer version "cm-locale-it_IT-8.6.2.1000-1.cop.sgn", italian locale.

We use the number 0 as code for access the PSTN, so all route-pattern toward the voice-gateway are configured starting for with 0(dot) and with the flag "

Provide Outside Dial Tone" enable.

The problem is with the phone CP-3905, when we press 0 on the phone it play the busy-tone instead of dial-tone. I suppose that there is something wrong with the italian version of the locale installer, it is the last available for that CUCM version.

Any idea?

Regards,

Christian

9 Replies 9

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Christian

The CSS of your phone has access to the partition of this route pattern?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Hi Leonardo,

the CSS is ok, i'm able to complete the number and make PSTN calls after i've press 0. It's only the dial-tone wrong on the 3905 phone. The same CSS on a IP Communicator work fine and i hear the correct dial-tone.

regards,

Christian

Whats is your 3905 firmware version?

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

The firmware version is the default for CUCM 8.6(2a): 9.2.1.0

If i change the network locale to US, the dial-tone is ok also for the phone 3905 but i can't use the US locale since i'm in Italy, this is what make my thinking about a problem with locale installer file.

Regards,

Christian

Hello,

I have the same problem with all our 3905 phones. We are Using CUCM 9.1 - firmware on the phone is 3905.9-2-2-0.

We use german network locales which do work on other phones (6945, 8961). On the 3905 I can accept calls and dial numbers without any problems, but the dialtone sounds like US network locale (german network locale is configured on the phone).

Does anybody have any hints on that ? @Christian: did you find a solution for your problem with 8.6. ?

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

no solution at the moment, we just disable the outside dial-tone from all the route-patterns.

Regards,

Christian

Hi Christian.
Did you try to install an earlier version of locale and reset 3905 config?

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

i didn't try that. The customer agrees with removing the outside dial-tone, so we prefer to stop to make test.

I don't have any 3905 on my lab for make offline test.

regards,

Christian

avinsrid89
Level 1
Level 1

Christian,

Please provide "detailed" CCM Service traces from all nodes in your cluster for 2-3 tests if possible.

We can check the SCCP events too see what is happening from CUCM side.

Also, if possible can you give phone logs from Phone's web page?

~Avinash