Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-7821 register with SIP

somanathr1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco CP-7821 model POE IP phone, I wanted to use that phone to get registered with SIP.

I have performed the following steps for that

1) Downloaded the latest Cisco IP Phone Firmware sip78xx.11-5-1-18

2) Downloaded third Party TFTP Server SolarWinds TFTP Server 10.9.1.33

3) have placed the required files in the TFTP root directory.

I am getting an error as unable to download ITLFile.tlv, ctl.tlv and ITL.tlv files.

Please find the attached configuration file.

28 Replies 28

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

somanathr1 wrote:

I am getting an error as unable to download ITLFile.tlv, ctl.tlv and ITL.tlv files. 

If the phone is meant to register to a non-Cisco call manager solution, then ignore these files or error messages.  The most important files the phones need to download are the phone firmware, dialplan and the SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml files.  Any other file(s) are trivial. 

somanathr1 wrote:

I have performed the following steps for that

1) Downloaded the latest Cisco IP Phone Firmware sip78xx.11-5-1-18

2) Downloaded third Party TFTP Server SolarWinds TFTP Server 10.9.1.33

3) have placed the required files in the TFTP root directory. 

What about DHCP Option 150?

somanathr1 wrote:

Please find the attached configuration file. 

I have looked at the configuration file and it only contains 34 lines.  And the lines are of no significant importance.  Where is the rest of the configuration?

I have posted a known working SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml file (for a 9971) HERE which can be customized to suit your phone.  

And don't forget to rate our useful posts. 

Hi,

Thanks for the quick help. We have DHCP server installed in SonicWall firewall, IP is preserved.

I can see the phone firmware is upgraded in phone status information as “Active load: sip78xx.11-5-1-18”.

Also, I have made the required changes in SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml file. the file is downloaded successfully.

Now I see the message on the phone is “Unprovisioned”. Can you please tell me what is that message is?

Please find my attached updated SEPmacaddress.cnf.xm file.

Under Status > Status All what is being displayed? What error messages are being displayed.
What is the IP address of the call manager?
What is the username/password for the phone extension?

Hi,
The error messages are displaying in the status are

* Error verifying config info
* No Trust list installed
IP address of the call manager is 10.10.1.31, username for the phone is 7040 and password for the extension is 7040.

@somanathr1 wrote:
* Error verifying config info

The config file contains, at least, one incorrect configuration.  You'll need to debug the registration session.

Can you please let me know how to debug the registration session. so t hat I can do and update you

i used to get same message on my 78XX series phones.

It got solved simply by assigning directory number.

is directory number assigned in your phone config?

Hi Ramiz,

I am not much aware of the Cisco phone configuration, can you please tell me where to enable the directory settings?

Also PFA my SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml file. 

Are you using cisco call manager (CUCM or CME) ?

To assign a directory number in CUCM

Go to device >> phone >> select your phone

Click on Line 1 

New window will open there you can assign directory number, alerting name, partition, css etc.

Please refer below

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_0_1/ccmcfg/b06phone.html#wp1019860

Please rate if useful.

HI,
We are not using CUCM. We are using Freepbx/Genesys SIP server.

Hi,

As I said, I am not much aware of Cisco phone configuration, can you please help me with correcting the incorrect configuration. 

Spoiler

Hi,

As I said, I am not much aware of Cisco phone configuration, can you please help me with correcting the incorrect configuration. 

I have not worked on freePBX so I am not aware about setting up the extensions however there might be any tab to assign extension. You simply have to assign an extension number to the phone and it might register

Trying to setup Cisco CP-7821-K9 with Avaya IP Manager.

I have gone through multiple conversation chains but as I am rookie need some help.
I am consfused in following matter

Step 1:
I have copied these files to TFTP directory:
kern2.78xx.11-2-3MSR1-1.sbn
rootfs2.78xx.11-2-3MSR1-1.sbn
sboot2.78xx.11-2-3MSR1-1.sbn
sip78xx.11-2-3MSR1-1.loads

Step 2:
I will try to create "SEPF07816D19BAB.cnf.xml" [I can see that this file is being requested by phone on TFTP Server] file by editing exisiting ones available on communication chain

Step 3:
Number of links mentions that I will also need "dialplan.cfg" but I don't see in TFTP logs that phone is looking for such file
Instead, it is looking for "XMLDefault.cnf.xml"

Any help towards solution will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Gaurav Hirwaniya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: