Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-7921G & UC520 CME 7.0

keith Kress
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

i would like to purchase a 7921 to use on my UC520 thats running CME 7.0.  currently i have a non cisco access point (zyxel) connected to the system that provides wifi.

Would setting up this phone be as simple as connecting the handset to my SSID and pointing the phone to the voice vlan? or do i need some sort of wireless controllers?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Set up a dedicated SSID for this voice, apply the Platinum QoS (with the correct tags), enable DHCP Option 150 (to point to the UC520).  

Make sure the handset is running the minimum firmware of 1.4(3) or later (recommended). 

The AP can be any brand as long as they can follow, as close as possible, the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 8821 Deployment Guide.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Set up a dedicated SSID for this voice, apply the Platinum QoS (with the correct tags), enable DHCP Option 150 (to point to the UC520).  

Make sure the handset is running the minimum firmware of 1.4(3) or later (recommended). 

The AP can be any brand as long as they can follow, as close as possible, the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 8821 Deployment Guide.