Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-7925G keeps rebooting

thiagoruy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

We have a CP-7925G that has a problem of "infinite loop". When I turn it on, it keeps "resetting forever". Is there a procedure that can be done?

Thanks in advance.

11 Replies 11

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

You can try a factory reset assuming you can get to this point...

If I remember right it is: 

1. Settings - Phone Settings

2. **2

3. Follow prompts on phone

Andrew, thank you for your answer.

But I cant even get to this point. When I turn on the phone, it shows me the "Cisco" logo for ~5 seconds, then it reboots again. I dont have access to the menu. :(

Hi Thia,

Could you please confirm if phone is getting a IP address? Do you have a DHCP server and publishing Option 150 (TFTP)? Could you please attach TFTP and DHCP's logs?

You need all of that to be able to register a phone. Now, if you have everything working fine, then the phone is dead (hardware fault)...

Regards

Marco Rojas Abarca
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Most likely this is a network related issue on your wireless infrastructure. IP phones go through a process before they register to CUCM. Refer to the following document for further details:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/86036/ip-phone-sccp-sip-phone-registration-process-cucm

Regards,

Marco Rojas.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If it keeps rebooting after the Cisco logo then it means the phone can't read/process the firmware.  It could be a potential hardware fault.

If you can confirm that the phone has an IP Address, then yes. Likely a phone or TFTP issue. Otherwise, if the phone does not even get an IP Address it would be a DHCP problem.

If you can confirm that the phone has an IP Address, then yes. Likely a phone or TFTP issue. Otherwise, if the phone does not even get an IP Address it would be a DHCP problem.

I won't be a "network problem" because the the handset haven't even finish booting up.  It's a hardware issue.  

Probably it's a hardware fault. *sigh*

Have you tried another battery?  Doesn't sound like a battery, but I would verify.

I never say never....and I have seen stranger things.

Just tried. No success :(

thiagoruy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone!

In this case, I can't even get to the configuration menu. Before it initializes properly, it reboots. The most far I get is to the "Cisco" logo, then "puff", starts all over again.

Thanks for the help!