cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-8841-3PCC for Avaya IP Office Integration

Michael Murray
Level 2
Level 2

I am trying to configure a Cisco 8841 (CP-8841-3PCC) SIP phone to connect to an Avaya IP office. I have DHCP option 150 configured with the IP address of the IP Office. The phone pulls an IP on the network but I don't see the IP Office IP anywhere in the network settings on the phone. It also does not attempt to register from what I can tell. I have tried configuring the TFTP server manually but the settings on the phone don't seem to allow this either. Do I have the wrong phone model?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to register the phone successfully by configuring the SIP settings under Voice > Ext 1. I didn't need the xml file at all. Thanks for everyone's help.

-mike

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

bijpraka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Michael.

Is the configuration file stored at the location given by DHCP option 150? Does the TFTP server have the $PSN.xml?

If not, I would suggest you take a look at the admin guide to ensure you are following the process correctly.

If you want to manually register you can provide the config details on the Voice->Ext 1 page

If you have provided the config xml file properly in the TFTP server and its still not working then you can PM me a PRT taken from the device and I can take a look why its not working.

Thanks.

bijpraka,

Option 150 is configured in the DHCP scope with the IP address of the Avaya IP Office system but I do not see where that is being configured in the 8841. Neither the 8841 network settings nor device settings  have a field for TFTP server. Thus I cannot even manually enter the IP address.

I cannot find a place to put the IP Office registration information in the Voice > Ext1 page on the phone either.

Thanks,

-mike

I cannot find a place to put the IP Office registration information in the Voice > Ext1 page on the phone either.

Are you not seeing the field "Proxy"? What is the Software Version on the phone?

3PCC phones do not have a TFTP server field. Again, is a config xml ($PSN.xml) file being hosted on the TFTP server?

Thanks.

bjipraka,

I don't have the .xml file uploaded to the IP Office yet. How can I get a copy of the $PSN.xml file?

Thanks,

-mike

You can create the xml file yourself. More information can be found in the MPP admin guides. 

You can download the full xml file from the phone by going to http://[ipaddress]/admin/cfg.xml

Thanks.

bijpraka,

Thanks for the info. Where do I get the $PSN.xml file to put on the IP Office?

-mike

I was able to register the phone successfully by configuring the SIP settings under Voice > Ext 1. I didn't need the xml file at all. Thanks for everyone's help.

-mike

Dear Sir,
i need your support to connect my Cisco phone 8865 also i do not  have cucm  with Avaya  IP office as thirty part
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: