Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-8841/8861 SIP Configuration Assistance

travisrauh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.. I do use a third-party VoIP provider (RingCentral) for my multiple locations and have recently opted to purchase and deploy Cisco IP phones (CP-8841 and CP-8861) purchased new from Amazon. While RingCentral have confirmed that these phones are compatible with the service, and provided me the necessary SIP configuration details to input into the phones, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to input said settings into the phones and therefore cannot get them to connect to our RingCentral accounts. I spent a few hours last night scouring the Internet and user guides to no avail. I did attempt to access the phone via a computer web browser by going to the phone's assigned IP address, but it appears to be view-only and so cannot make any configurations. I feel like I'm missing something stupid-simple - is anyone able to help? Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

somosadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello did you manage to work this out? I have a similar issue still trying to upgrade the software to 10-3-9 but i cant find a way to upgrade firmware without Call Manager.

Trying to load a config via TFTP but the phone keeps asking for CM files

ITLFile.tlv

SEP38205644DEC0C.cnf.xml

ITLSEP38205644DEC0C.tlv

CTLSEP38205644DEC0C.tlv

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Harys

Hi,

I have also the same issue,I am having my new phone Cisco 8841 but i dont know how to configure with SIP settings,There is no web interface for configuration editing.

If anyone have solution please reply.

I have also the same issue,I am having my new phone Cisco 8841 but i dont know how to configure with SIP settings,There is no web interface for configuration editing.

I have already responded to your previous THREAD and provided all the necessary information you need to get the phone to work.  

elisa
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the exact same situation. Same CP-8861 model with the same third party service (Ring Central)Have you found any solution? Any help would be very very appreciated. I have my SIP settings but have no clue how to input them into my phone.

I see that your post is one year old. Did you finally find a solution or did you end up changing your phone? If you have any info, please just give me the path to follow.

Hi Elisa,

I'm in the exact same position, have you had any luck with the phone?

I'm split between trying to find these files, setting up the TFTP server etc or simply ditching this phone.

If no trouble, please let me know if you managed to have a successful outcome.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: