Views
Helpful
Replies

CP 8945 Phone not registered

langkusno89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I'm new in Cisco world, as an IT who look after our IT affairs, also I've been asked to manage our company's IP Phone, which i stumbled upon,

I'm using Cisco Configuration Professional and Cisco router 2900, 

at first i thought i am going to modify 1 user[which i started with mine], which nothing happen on the phone, so i thought better to delete it and create a new one.

However, once i have it deleted, the phone straight ahead restarting, and ended up saying Phone not registered, with the icon that never stop spinning.

I've been trying to use CLI to create the new user, and as a result, i can see new user listed on CCP, but then the phone still not registered, even trying to restart or factory reset many times.

Phone itself has IP assigned [Phone Information], but can't get into the administrator setting on the phone as I don't know the password and how to reset the password.

I did on CLI "show run" command, and showed the list which seems alright.

finally i "almost" know what i'm doing, I did managed to rename the other phone [which replaced by another colleague],

but mine still stuck as unregistered.

Please....any help would be greatly appreciate it!.

Cheers!

34 Replies 34

Hi Heathrw,

is number 7. reboot phone will rebooting the whole units?

as there's still some people in the office :)

Cheers!

no. Go to the specific Voice register pool and enter the command "reset" to reboot only that phone.

Hi Rajan,

I did that before, and i've got: No contact info available for pool 3.

now i've tried again, same result.

Thank you.

Hi,

You will need to pull the ethernet and reconnect or hit the cog and press **#** as the phone is not registered therefore cannot restart from command line.

Hi Heathrw,

I've tried that one as well, and ended up phone not registering, 

even i also tried to factory reset it, 123456789*0#

Cheers!

All good did you capture the debugs as the phone restarted?

Hi Heathrw,

I'm really in the woods...how to capture the debugs after phone restarted ?

the phone itself straight to the screen with Phone not registered and spinning icon

Cheers!

ok so if you have a console or telnet connection to the router run those commands i previously posted, keep the session open to the router, make sure your telnet program has plenty of buffer then reboot the phone you should see a an output on the router. Attach it as a text file to the forums though.

HI Heathrw,

I did that, and reset the phone by unplugged the LAN cable after that, nothing appear from the telnet.

WLSYDUC1#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
SYDUC1(config)#logging console
SYDUC1(config)#logging monitor
SYDUC1(config)#exit
SYDUC1#debug tftp events
TFTP Event debugging is on
SYDUC1#debug ccsip messages
SIP Call messages tracing is enabled
SYDUC1#..............

Cheers!

Try collecting debugs in logging buffer to see if that helps using the below commands:

Router(config)# service sequence-numbers
Router(config)# service timestamps debug datetime localtime msec
Router(config)# logging buffered 10000000 debug
Router(config)# no logging console
Router(config)# no logging monitor
Router(config)# no logging rate-limit
Router(config)# no logging queue-limit

Enable the required debugs, then reset the phone by unplugging the cable and use the below command to get the logs.

Router# terminal length 0
Router# show logging

HTH

Rajan

Hi Rajan,

Thank you for your instruction,

once i entered show logging command,

it showed a very long logs.

should i post all that?

Thank you.

save it as a txt file and attach it here along with the MAC address of the phone you tried to register.

Hi Rajan,

I'm about to post it here, but i does contain sensitive data such as a name of person, and it against the privacy, do you have any better suggestion for me to post the data or, perhaps just a specific lines you need?.

However, i found this repetitive lines, perhaps it may interest you?

Thank you.

Hi Rajan / Heathrw,

Is there any further instruction for this issue?

hope this resolved soon, so not to bothering you guys :)

Thank you.

Hi Rajan / Heathrw,

Happy New Year!,

wondering, any updates on this? please?

Cheers!