Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-8961 - Transferring call Phone Directory

mduivenbode
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've been having the following issue with the new 8961 IP Phone.

Setup:

IP Phone 8961 A) 1000

IP Phone 7960 B) 2000

IP Phone 7960 C) Unknown number, I want to look this up in the phone directory.

Phone B calls Phone A and is looking for Phone C.

Phone A does not know the number of Phone C, so he will look it up in the phone directory.

Phone A presses the transfer button (new line opened) and then presses the phone book (directory) button. You can hear that the phone is disconnection the newly opened line and it is no longer possible to tranfer.

If Phone A presses the transfer button and uses the keypad to dial a number, there is no problem.

I know this scenario works on the older phones, I even tested this with Phone B.

Is this a bug? Or the way it has been designed?

Best regards,

Michael

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a limitation of the new interface/design of the 89XX/99XX phones.  There are a few things like this that don't work like the older 79XX phones.  This would be a good candidate for a feature enhancement to allow that type of transfer from the directory.

Hello joemar2,

Thanks for your reply.

Any idea when this (widely used) feature will be restored to this new set of phones?

Regards,

Michael

There's really not feature consistency between 79XX and 89XX/99XX phones, such as the mobility softkey has to be assigned to a button on 89XX/99XX phones rather than an actual softkey like 79XX.  Since 89/99XX phones are completely redesigned the only way to let us know that you would like the 79XX behavior imported into the newer phones would be from contacting your Cisco representative and opening a feature request.  If there are enough people that would like to see this change made it will likely happen.