Helpful
Replies

CP 9971 firmware install MD5 error

torleif
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to install firmware upgrade to the 9971 phone I get this error: 

Software Installation/Upgrade

Download Status  Error encountered: The selected file is not valid. MD5 Hash Value:

4f:e2:f7:f4:6b:f8:db:1f:35:0a:73:bd:03:b1:63:02

The MD5 Hash Value above does not match the Hash Value in the readme file.

The firmware I try to install is: cmterm-9971.9-4-2SR2-2.k3.cop.sgn

I have tried to download the files several times from Cisco. I have tried to install it from different SFTP servers.

Could the sgn file be corrupted on the Cisco server?

My server has CUCM 9.1

Regards,

Torleif

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note the FW that you are trying to install has k3 in the end. For this to work properly, you will need to install ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn on all of your CM server

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUCM_FAQ#Why_do_some_newer_COP_.2F_FW_files_have_a_K3_in_the_filename.3F.3F

Alternatively, you can download the complete ZIP foldercmterm-9971.9-4-2SR2-2_REL.zip and then unzip the same

Login to OS administration GUI of the CUCM and Navigate :: Software Upgrades >> TFTP File Management.

Click on upload files and upload all the unzipped files (one-by-one) in the directory. Use Directory as "/"

Restart the TFTP service

Note: Perform the above steps for all the CM/TFTP servers

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note the FW that you are trying to install has k3 in the end. For this to work properly, you will need to install ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn on all of your CM server

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUCM_FAQ#Why_do_some_newer_COP_.2F_FW_files_have_a_K3_in_the_filename.3F.3F

Alternatively, you can download the complete ZIP foldercmterm-9971.9-4-2SR2-2_REL.zip and then unzip the same

Login to OS administration GUI of the CUCM and Navigate :: Software Upgrades >> TFTP File Management.

Click on upload files and upload all the unzipped files (one-by-one) in the directory. Use Directory as "/"

Restart the TFTP service

Note: Perform the above steps for all the CM/TFTP servers

Regards

Deepak

torleif
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you!

Torleif

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: