Helpful
Replies

CP3905 SSH Access - How To ?

Alcantara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I

have several CP3905 using Sip Firmware working fine but i'd like to access then from SSH.  I did some conf like img bellow but i cant access ! 

What is wrong ? what is missing ?

Captura de Tela 2018-08-14 às 09.02.50.png 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the field for telnet is vendor config it looks like this

<vendorConfig>
<disableSpeaker>false</disableSpeaker><pcPort>0</pcPort><settingsAccess>1</settingsAccess><garp>0</garp><voiceVlanAccess>0</voiceVlanAccess><webAccess>0</webAccess><spanToPCPort>0</spanToPCPort><rtcp>0</rtcp><enableCdpSwPort>1</enableCdpSwPort><enableCdpPcPort>1</enableCdpPcPort><enableLldpSwPort>1</enableLldpSwPort><enableLldpPcPort>1</enableLldpPcPort><lldpAssetId></lldpAssetId><powerPriority>0</powerPriority><eapAuthentication>0</eapAuthentication><autobarge>1</autobarge><hookflash>0</hookflash><enableTelnet>2</enableTelnet><telnetUsername>admin</telnetUsername><telnetPassword>cisco</telnetPassword></vendorConfig>

notice how enable telnet is set to 2 and it also has telnet user name and password in the SEPMAC file.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you SSH into the phone, you'll enter the username of "cisco" and the password of "cisco".
After this happens, it'll ask you "again" what the password is. You enter "debug".

This is incorrect.  See next response.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Apologies, my previous response is not-so-correct.
With the above configuration, you'll be asked to authenticate twice. The first time, the username & password will be "cisco".
This is then followed by the second and the response could either be "log/log" or "debug/debug" or "default/user".

Ishan Zutshi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
is the phone registered to a CME or CUCM server?
3905 does not support SSH. it only supports Telnet which needs to be enabled first on the CUCM for eg.

@Ishan Zutshi wrote:
is the phone registered to a CME or CUCM server?

Judging from the screenshot, I'd say neither.  The phone is being configured for Asterisk. 

yeah. regardless of the call control (asterisk or cisco) this phone itself does not support SSH. It only support telnet so that will work, SSH won't.

Phone is registered at Asterisk.

I try ssh and telnet but it doesnt work, i change sshPort to 23 and it doesnt work too.

Since phone versions change some functionality i dont know what kind of parameter i need to put in SEPMAC file.

Well, as what Ishan said, try Telnet.

the field for telnet is vendor config it looks like this

<vendorConfig>
<disableSpeaker>false</disableSpeaker><pcPort>0</pcPort><settingsAccess>1</settingsAccess><garp>0</garp><voiceVlanAccess>0</voiceVlanAccess><webAccess>0</webAccess><spanToPCPort>0</spanToPCPort><rtcp>0</rtcp><enableCdpSwPort>1</enableCdpSwPort><enableCdpPcPort>1</enableCdpPcPort><enableLldpSwPort>1</enableLldpSwPort><enableLldpPcPort>1</enableLldpPcPort><lldpAssetId></lldpAssetId><powerPriority>0</powerPriority><eapAuthentication>0</eapAuthentication><autobarge>1</autobarge><hookflash>0</hookflash><enableTelnet>2</enableTelnet><telnetUsername>admin</telnetUsername><telnetPassword>cisco</telnetPassword></vendorConfig>

notice how enable telnet is set to 2 and it also has telnet user name and password in the SEPMAC file.

It works now

Thanks all

and Thanks Ishan Zutshi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: