cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP7941G phones not showing subscribed services

andy_4578
Level 1
Level 1

We have over 100 7941G's that work fine with extension mobility and other subscribed services, but recently every new 7941G we add and subscribe to services, they dont show up.  Pressing the "globe" button on the phone just shows a blanks services screen.

I have reset the phone by powering off, holding the # key until the line lights flash, then pressing 123456789*0# to upgrade the firmware, but this made no difference.

Any help would be great?

7 Replies 7

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Andy

First thing I would do is check the services URL that the new 7941s have picked up. If you press the settings button on the handset one of the menu items contains all of the URLs that the phone has received including directory and services. If you compare that to one of the phones that is working you may be able to see a difference. If the new phone can't download it's CNF file from the TFTP Server properly for whatever reason then this kind of thing can happen.

Next steps:

1. If the URL looks the same, try browsing to it from a PC. It's standard XML so should display in any web browser.

2. If still all looks ok, then you'll need to trace the packets in and out of the phone. Wireshark on a PC attached to the phone works well - you'll need to set the parameter on CUCM which sends the phone traffic to the PC port. This is configured on a per phone basis.

Hope this helps.

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the quick response, your right the services URL's arent showing up on the phones that dont display the services.

Any idea why that would be? And how i can correct it?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy

Could be a few things. Are you running this on Comms Manager or Comms Manager Express?

Also, check to make sure the phones are in the correct voice VLAN. I've seen this before where phones end up in the data VLAN and then don't pull their configuration down correctly.

Barry

Hi Barry,

Were running Comm's manager full blown.  2 of the phones with the problem are in the same vlan 10.0.2.0/24 as the call manager server its self and the rest are in remote office's linked via vpn tunnels.

It cant really be the vpn links causing the issue as some phones do work and some dont in the remote offices

Hi Andy

I know you were going to say that :-)

Within an office, are the phones that work / don't work all in the same voice VLAN (with the correct option 150 set)..?

How easy would it be to get a PC connected to one of the phones that doesn't work running Wireshark. If you configure CUCM to mirror its switch port to the PC, and then restart the phone while the PC is running Wireshark, you'll see all of the registration messages including the SCCP exchange which contains all of the directory and services URLs.

One other thought. Did you auto register the new phones, or manually create them? Also, you could try overriding the services URL for one of th failing phones in the device configuration page?

Actually, that was two thoughts. Then again, it is friday ;-)

Barry

Thanks again for your help Barry, the problem is now fixed.

I restarted the Call Manager TFTP service and then rebooted all the non working phones, and hey presto they all now work.

Excellent news Andy - glad its all sorted.

Barry