CP7945 Personal Directory Error

alshahiry
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

My VoIP Platform consists of:

• CUCM 8.5.1 as Cisco Call Manager.
  • CP7945 as Cisco IP Phones.

Everything is working fine only I have an error message when I try to show "Personal Directory" on any IP phones as attached picture! May I know why is this message shows and how I can resolve this issue and be able to get show a list, kindly advise?

12 Replies 12

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you have create the Service for Personal directory?

I hope this link can help, IP Phone Services Configuration

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

"Se você quiser alguém em quem confiar, confie em si mesmo. Quem acredita sempre alcança"
Renato Russo

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Dear Bruno,

Through my CUCM when I Choose the path Device -> Device Settings -> Phone Services I can find service already created and one of them is "Personal Directories" and when i edit i found it was already enabeld as per the attached picture, does it needs to be modified, advise?

Best Regards

Humam

To identify whether the service is provisioned to  all devices in the cluster that can support the service, go to the Find  and List IP Phone Services window and display the services. If true  displays in the Enterprise Subscription column, you cannot manually  subscribe to the service. If false displays, you can manually subscribe  to the service; for example, an end user can subscribe to the service  through the Cisco Unified CM User Options.

Check if all is set on IP Phone Services Configuration

Please rate all post using the stars

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Dear Bruno,

As I do just check the defualt for "Personal Directory" is as "True" as per the attached picture, do I have to modify it or its ok to go and check another options, advise?

Humam

Dear Bruno,

Just want to add that all other service are working propely that are configured on the same way as "Persoanl Directory" while only an error occures on "Persoanl Directory" service when I chose from my IP phones list, with thanks.

Humam

Hi

Try change the Service Category from Standard IP Phone Service to Directories.

Also confirm from Enterprise Parameters Configuration if the URL is set properly

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

"Se você quiser alguém em quem confiar, confie em si mesmo. Quem acredita sempre alcança"
Renato Russo

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Dear Bruno,

I do change the Personal Directory Service Catogarey to "Directories" as per the attached pciture and I do confirm the Enterpise Paramaters Configuration as per the attached 2nd pictures, everything looks normal but i'm still having the same error message on my IP phones, any further invstigations need?

Humam

Hi alshahiry

Change in your Enterprise Parameters the URLs from Name (CUCM1) to Callmanager Ip Address.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Renato Russo

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Dear Bruno,

I do change the name into IP Address as per the attached picture and yet still have the same issue, advise?

Hi Alshahiry

How are u trying access the Personal Directory? From Phone Directories ?

This issue is with 7945 or all Phones Type?

If you press the Directories button were you able to see all other Directories services (Missed, Placed, received calls)?

Also try factory reset on the Phone

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Renato Russo

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Dear Bruno,

- Yes I'm trying to access "Personal Directory" from front panel IP phone buttom "Directories"

- I have only CP-7945 IP phone within my VoIP network.

- Yes I'm able to see all other Directries (Missed, Placed, and Received) Only my error message with "Personal Directory"

- Shall I try a factory default on this CP-7945?

Humam

Try a factory reset or try delete a Phone from CUCM data base and add it again.

Check if the service is pointing to Server that the phone is registered to. Do not specify a Cisco Unified Communications Manager server or any server that is associated with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (such as a TFTP server or directory database publisher server).

Also try  restart Cisco Tomcat Service on the server.

Use this guide for further troubleshooting.

If all good think in open a TAC case

Please rate the posts using the stars

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: