Views
Helpful
Replies

Create Conference Call on Call Manager 6.0

connect101
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to create a conference call with my Call Manager.

Is anybody can help me how to do it?

I already read th CCM Administrator Guide but the conference cannot start yet.

Thank you very much.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

make sure that you have the IPVMS service running.

That should create a conference bridge on the server where the service is running.

if you already have the SW CFB in a MRG then you need to add the MRGL that contains the MRG to the phones at the device pool or at the device level

note that the SW CFB can only handle G711 so if you have the codecs set to G729 it won't do

the process is really simple, make a call, press confrn on the phone, dial the 2nd number, once the call is established press cnrfn again

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hello,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Is it possible to create a conference room?

Ie. an administrator create the confrence room with a conference pilot.

And so everyone who want to participate in the conference have to call the conference pilot number. It may be securized by pin code.

How to do/configure it?

Is it with Meet-mee or with any method?

rgds,

meet me is the way to go but there is no way to add any kind of security or pin to enter the conference

to configure it just follow this link

Meet-Me Number/Pattern Configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmcfg/b03meet.html

to use it someone with an IP phone needs to press meetme softkey, dial the meet-me number and the rest of the users only dial the meet-me number

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi

I have followed the guide and added a meetme number range of 4XX in the Meet-Me Number/Pattern. When i try to initiate a conference by pressing Meetme then dialing 401 i get fast busy. I have setup CFB and assigned MRG to users and every thing is in the correct paritions.

Any ideas why this isnt working? Do i need to manual add these numbers to the system ?

Matt

is the phone able to reach the meet me pattern thru its CSS??

javalenc

HTH

java

well im sure the meetme pattern is in the same parition as all the internal numbers(just for testing). I will double check this tomorrow as im finished for today.

It should be able to but all i get is fast busy after i enter the meetme number. Am i meant to create these numbers that im assigning to the meetme pattern?

Have you managed to resolve the busy meet me pattern issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: